The breasts are a defining characteristic for every woman. Deciding to undergo any sort of breast operation whether it be an enhancement, reconstruction, revision, lift, or reduction, can completely change ones appearance and confidence.
- Breast augmentation or enhancement, technically referred to as augmentation mammoplasty, enhances the size, shape, and appearance of the breasts.
- Breast reconstruction surgery helps to restore the natural appearance of the breast, usually for women who have undergone a mastectomy due to breast cancer. Breast reconstruction is also used for patients who have a deformity or injury to their breast that creates an unnatural appearance.
- Breast revision surgery is performed on the small amount of patients that undergo complications after an initial surgery. Problems such as capsular contracture, malposition of implants, and implant leakage all contribute to the need for secondary breast revision surgery.
- Breast lifts can be performed by themselves or in conjunction with an augmentation or reduction. A breast lift procedure lifts and reshapes sagging breasts to a perkier, more youthful position. Age, pregnancy, nursing, and gravity all take a toll on the breasts and can create the need for a breast lift, also known as a mastopexy.
- Breast reduction surgery can be life changing. Women suffering from neck, back, and shoulder pain as well as shoulder grooving and skin irritations due to large heavy breasts greatly benefit from this procedure. Breast reduction surgery reduces the volume and size of the breasts while also lifting and reshaping the breasts to a more proportionate size for the woman’s body.